How to accept your offer
Congratulations on receiving an offer in the programme of your choice at UCIC.
To accept your offer and to find out about commencing classes complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Understanding your Letter of Offer
Your Letter of Offer outlines the:
- UCIC programme(s)/University of Canterbury programme that has been offered
- duration of the programme(s)
- commencement date(s)
- tuition fee(s)
- condition(s) of the offer (examples of conditions of the offer may include providing official or certified copies of academic transcripts, evidence or English proficiency eg IELTS. Prior to or at the time of accepting your offer, you must provide evidence that you have met all conditions. If you do not provide this evidence, you will not be eligible to proceed with your enrolment or student visa application.
STEP 2: Payment of Fees
In order to accept the offer of place it is necessary to pay the fees and charges due as indicated in the Letter of Offer. This will include programme fees plus the Student Services Levy and Medical and Travel Insurance (if applicable).
Payment of the amount due should be made in New Zealand dollars. When making payment students need to include their UCIC Student ID, as listed in the Letter of Offer. Payment can be made by:
1. Telegraphic transfer / direct deposit
Please refer to your Letter of Offer for Bank Account details.
- UCIC Student ID Number MUST be quoted in Field 70 - Remittance Information (refer to UCIC offer letter for student ID).
- A copy must be faxed: 64 3 260 4319 or emailed to UCIC. New students email: firstname.lastname@example.org Continuing students email: email@example.com
2. Bank Draft/Bank Cheque
Payable to: Public Trust UC INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE (UCIC)
STEP 3: Acceptance and Payment Agreement
This is Sections 2 and 3 of your Letter of Offer, please make sure you understand this information, sign the agreement and return together with your payment.
STEP 4: Receive Confirmation from UCIC
Once UCIC receives your payment and Student Acceptance and Payment Agreement you will be issued with a receipt and provided with a confirmation about your enrolment at UCIC which includes information about the compulsory Orientation and Enrolment program.
International Students should also read the Visa and Accommodation section for information on how to obtain a student visa, arranging accommodation, booking flights, airport reception and finding out about life in Christchurch.
STEP 5: Attend Orientation and Enrolment and Commence Study at UCIC
Congratulations, you are just about ready to start your UCIC programme. Your first day at UCIC will begin at Orientation and Enrolment day. It is compulsory for all students to attend Orientation and Enrolment. For information about the program go to Orientation and Enrolment.