University Transfer Programme: Engineering
UTP: Engineering is equivalent to the first year of your undergraduate engineering studies. Upon completion of the programme you will be eligible to progress* to the second year of the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours degree at the University of Canterbury and able to choose from a variety of specialisations.
The University of Canterbury is ranked among the world's best universities for Engineering and Technology. UC's Civil and Structural Engineering are in the top 100 worldwide, and Electrical Engineering is in the top 200.**To learn more about the Bachelor of Engineering (HONS) at the University of Canterbury click here: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/future-students/qualifications-and-courses/bachelors-degrees/bachelor-of-engineering-with-honours
Your direct pathway to University of Canterbury
February & October
- Foundations of Engineering
- Engineering Physics (Mechanics, Waves and Thermal Physics)
- Engineering Mathematics (two courses)
- Mathematical Modelling and Computation
Additional courses are selected from
- Engineering Mechanics and Materials
- Computer Programming
* Students must complete and pass all courses in the UTP programme, apply before the University of Canterbury deadline and meet any additional requirements from the University. This includes passing an Academic Writing Assessment. Access to selected faculties of the University may require the completion of certain prerequisites. UCIC will advise students individually in this regard as required. Course offerings may change without notice. Please contact email@example.com for information on course offerings.
** UCIC’s University Transfer Programme: Engineering is a NZQA approved Training Scheme. This does not lead to a formal qualification on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The University Transfer Programme: Engineering may be used for progression requirements under a pathway arrangement between UCIC and UC, subject to final approval by the University of Canterbury.
Notes: Please see the Fees & Payment page for full fees information. In addition to programme fees, all UCIC students must pay the Student Services Levy, which contributes to the excellent services and facilities on campus.
Commencement each semester will be dependent upon enrolments.
Entry to second year: University of Canterbury Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Forest Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Natural Resources Engineering
**QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018.
For more information on the University of Canterbury's College of Engineering(Honours), visit http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/courses/undergrad/behons.shtml
Potential career paths
Engineers are designing the future with new and innovative technologies. Engineering is about problem solving and creative thinking. Studying engineering will lead you into a challenging, flexible, and rewarding future with international opportunities. Engineers are responsible for the design and operation of the infrastructure which underpins our society, in diverse areas such as telecommunications, transport, water and electricity supply, multi-storey buildings and airports, processing plants for food and forest products and consumer items like tablet computers and cars.